Fees and Refund policy
Written examination: $55.00
Practical Examination: $76.00
State License Fee: $50.00
Fees are not refundable or transferable. Examination fees will be forfeited if students do not take their test within one year of the date PSI receives the examination fee. All questions and requests for information pertaining to the examination should be directed to PSI.
PSI Licensure: Certification
3210 E Tropicana Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89121
Phone (800) 733-9267
Fax (702) 932-2666
If training is not completed by the contracted time limit, all students with delinquent hours will be charged the current weekly rate for over-contract fees.
Over-contract fee: $50.00 a day or $250.00 a week
Drop fee: $150.00
Re-enrollment Fee: $150.00
East Texas Cosmetology College accepts scholarships from local school districts or non-profit organizations.
This policy applies to all terminations for any reason, by either party, including student decision, course, or program cancellation* or school closure.
(*NOTE: Since the Texas refund policy provisions do not specifically cover, the type of refund in the event of course or program cancellation, we are clarifying the following:
- In the event of course or program cancellation after a student’s enrollment but before instruction has begun, a full refund of monies paid will be provided.
- In the event of a course or program cancellation after students have enrolled and instruction has begun, either a pro-rata refund will be provided for students transferring to a school based on hours accepted by the receiving school OR completion of the course will be provided.)
Section 1602.457. Cancellation and Settlement Policy.
The holder of a private beauty culture school license shall maintain a cancellation and settlement policy that provides a full refund of money paid by a student if the student:
- Cancels the enrollment agreement not later than midnight of the third day after the date the agreement or contract is signed by the student, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays; or
- Entered into the enrollment agreement because of a misrepresentation made:
- In the advertising or promotional materials of the school; or
- By an owner or representative of the school.
Section 1602.458. Refund Policy.
(a) The holder of a private beauty culture school license shall maintain a refund policy to provide for the
refund of any unused part of tuition, fees, and other charges paid by a student who, at the expiration of the cancellation period established under Section 1602.457:
(1) fails to enter the course of training.
(2) withdraws from the course of training; or
(3) is terminated from the course of training before completion of the course.
(b) The refund policy must provide that:
(1) the refund is based on the period of the student’s enrollment, computed on the basis of course time expressed in scheduled hours, as specified by an enrollment agreement, contract, or another document acceptable to the department.
(2) the effective date of the termination for refund purposes is the earliest of:
(A) the last date of attendance if the student is terminated by the school.
(B) the date the license holder receives the student’s written notice of withdrawal; or
(C) 10 school days after the last date of attendance; and
(3) the school may retain not more than $100 if:
(A) tuition is collected before the course of training begins; and
(B) the student fails to withdraw from the course of training before the cancellation period expires.
Withdrawal or Termination Policy (in accordance with §1602.459)
Section 1602.459. Withdrawal or Termination of Student.
(a) If a student begins a course of training at a private beauty culture school that is scheduled to run not more than 12 months and, during the last 50 percent of the course, withdraws from the course or is terminated by the school, the school:
(1) may retain 100 percent of the tuition and fees paid by the student; and
(2) is not obligated to refund any additional outstanding tuition.
(b) If a student begins a course of training at a private beauty culture school that is scheduled to run not more than 12 months and, before the last 50 percent of the course, withdraws from the course or is terminated by the school, the school shall refund:
(1) 90 percent of any outstanding tuition for a withdrawal or termination that occurs during the first
week or first one-tenth of the course, whichever period is shorter.
(2) 80 percent of any outstanding tuition for a withdrawal or termination that occurs after the first week
or first one-tenth of the course, whichever period is shorter, but within the first three weeks of the
- 75 percent of any outstanding tuition for a withdrawal or termination that occurs after the first three weeks of the course but not later than the completion of the first 25 percent of the course; and
- 50 percent of any outstanding tuition for a withdrawal or termination that occurs not later than the
completion of the first 50 percent of the course.
(c) A refund owed under this section must be paid not later than the 30th day after the date the student becomes eligible for the refund.
Table of Refund Calculation:
|First 1/10 of course or for first week, whichever is shorter|
|After 1st week or first 1/10, whichever is shorter, but within 1st 3 weeks|
|After 1st 3 weeks but not later than completion of 1st 25%|
|26% to 50% completion|
|After 50% completion|
Section 1602.460. Interest in a Refund.
(a) If tuition is not refunded within the period required by Section 1602.459, the school shall pay interest on the amount of the refund for the period beginning the first day after the date the refund period expires and ending the day preceding the date the refund is made.
(b) If tuition is refunded to a lending institution, the interest shall be paid to that institution and applied against the student’s loan.
(c) The commissioner of education shall annually set the interest rate at a rate sufficient to deter a school from retaining money paid by a student.
(d) The department may exempt a school from the payment of interest if the school makes a good faith effort to refund the tuition but is unable to locate the student. The school shall provide the department with request documentation of the effort to locate the student.
Section 1602.461. Reentry of Student After Withdrawal or Termination.
If a student voluntarily withdraws or is terminated after completing 50 percent of the course at a private beauty culture school, the school shall allow the student to reenter at any time during the 48-month period following the date of withdrawal or termination.
Section 1602.462. Effect of Student Withdrawal.
(a) A private beauty culture school shall record a grade of incomplete for a student who withdraws but is not entitled to a refund under Section 1602.459(a) if the student:
(1) requests the grade at the time the student withdraws; and
(2) withdraws for an appropriate reason unrelated to the student’s academic status.
(b) A student who receives a grade of incomplete may reenroll in the program during the 48-month period following the date the student withdraws and completes the subjects without payment of additional tuition.
Section 1602.463. Effect of School Closure
(a) If a private beauty culture school closes, the department shall attempt to arrange for students enrolled in the closed school to attend another private beauty culture school.
(b) If a student from a closed school is placed in a private beauty culture school, the expense incurred by the school in providing training directly related to educating the student, including the applicable tuition for the period for which the student paid tuition, shall be paid from the private beauty culture school tuition protection account.
(c) If a student from a closed school cannot be placed in another school, the student’s tuition and fees shall be refunded as provided by Section 1602.458. If a student from a closed school does not accept a place that is available and reasonable in another school, the student’s tuition and fees shall be refunded under the refund policy maintained by the closed school under Section 1602.459. A refund under this subsection shall be paid from the private beauty culture school tuition protection account. The amount of the refund may not exceed $35,000.
(d) If another school assumes responsibility for the closed school’s students and there are no significant changes in the quality of the training, the student from the closed school is not entitled to a refund under Subsection (c).
Policy on Distance Education
We do not offer any distant education currently; we offer hands-on training. In the event we must start online training again, we would utilize the program with milady known as Cengage.
Theory Testing Policy and Make-Up Work
- We may adjust as needed for makeup work.
- The state requires a recorded theory test for each chapter of the required theory book.
- The school must give a written and practical pre-state exam to each student.
- ETC College requires a 70% and Veterans 80% grade to pass the requirements of the program.
- If the student misses an exam, a zero will be placed in the grade book until the student makes the exam up.
- Always get with your instructor and owners if you need help, so everyone is aware of your concerns.
In the admissions office, we provided information for the students, staff, and their family members for outreach programs, drug and alcohol intervention, housing, and other facilities in our local area.
Other Fees not included in the program cost:
State Board Exam Kits:
Eyelash Extension: $150.00